Monday, April 15, 2013

Oh Hi Tokyo ❤ Day One

Yes less than a year from my Summer trip to Japan in 2012, I found myself back in Japan once more during Spring this year.


Firstly, I have never seen the Spring/Cherry Blossoms in Japan. Coming back to Asia for my 3rd year placement gave me a tempting opportunity to visit Japan again. An opportunity too good to resist ;)

Secondly, I. MISS. JAPAN. every single bloody day of my life since the last trip T.T


so just a few clicks of my mouse, at fare ticket websites and excruciating accommodation search ( NO JOKE this tourist season T.T)- I WAS ALL READY FOR JAPAN.

This time would be my 3rd time in Tokyo, and my first time in Kyoto and Osaka :)
EXCITING SHIT.

Air Fare


My air tickets were a BARGAIN. i usually have shit luck in life but when it comes to Japan, ALL THE GOOD STUFF HAPPEN TO ME :')
For 604SGD (not rupiah okay) SGDDDDDDDDDD- I got a return Delta airline flight to Tokyo Narita.

Dude, i know Western airlines are not bloody amazing, but at least it's not Budget airlines (I WOULD DIE.)
although Delta Airlines uses old planes (in this era when every other airline uses A380s. ok no im exaggerating) and the stewardess aren't as er...pleasant-looking as SQ's or Emirates, at least we were served meals and had our in-flight tvs.
Food was crap and the in-flight entertainment selection was limited (you actually have to PAY for more movie titles), but hey, it's only 604 SGD and fuck i'm going to Japan, nothing can upset me :D :D :D 

Narita Express




The Narita Express is probably the best airport connection into a city you'll ever sit in THIS WORLD.
Enough said.
#OnlyInJapan

Family Inn Saiko

This is my 2nd time staying with them, I don't know why I would ever choose somewhere else to stay in every time I come to Tokyo, especially when I know the local neighbourhood so well.
First timers may find the inn difficult to locate, but once familiar, you won't even need the map  they provide their guests with.
Soon enough, I simply remember every turn to make, every shop/house/ vending machine I pass.
I love the Kanamecho neighbourhood, so tranquil so lovely so Japanese :3



First Dinner

There is absolutely no lack of food options in Japan. I was more like, SPOILT FOR CHOICE.
But it was my first night of my trip I was sure of what I want.
Good. SUSHI.

wait, who am I kidding. EVERYTHING in Japan is GOOD.



This isn't Tsukiji (Fish Market) standard but already better than most sushi places outside of Japan; and satisfying enough for the first night.
Plus the sushi chefs and waiters were SO attentive and come running over to you the moment you look up from your food (so Japanese). You don't even need to raise your hand or signal.
#OnlyInJapan

Since it was pretty late after dinner and I was exhausted from all that travelling I decided to head back to the inn. But as usual I spotted my greatest weakness in Japan- DRUGSTORES. 
The norm is, I run in, pick up a basket, fill it with alot of vanity stuff and unnecessary beauty items enough to last me 3 lifetimes, then pay and exit the store, thinking my life is bloody awesome.



Major Japanese drugstore are recognisable by the huge "medicine" (YAO in mandarin) sign on buildings.
Otherwise you just install a Drugstore Detection radar in your brain, like me.





 Japanese KitKat madness starts NAO T.T
and I end off my first amazing night in Tokyo with a unknown pomegranate yogurt drink I picked up from the local supermarket in Kanamecho, minutes away from Saiko inn.
Delish. and I'm off to sleep in my comfy futon bed, knowing in a few hours it will be morning and I will be waking up in Japan.

x








No comments:

Post a Comment