Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tsukiji Market 築地市場



Tsujiki is one of the world's largest seafood wholesale market- and where else better than here to satisfy my HUGE appetite for sashimi and other Japanese food!!

Back in 2008, I visited the fish market with my parents and family friends while we were on our 2-week Japan trip. Our meal (Parents & I) came up to almost 500 Singapore Dollars- that's about 250 British Pounds and totally INSANE! but ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT.
if someone gave me a bowl of fresh sashimi and told me that was my last meal before the world ends. Hell yeah, i'd die a happy girl.



so i used to think to myself, " OMG if i was living in Tokyo, i would come here EVERYDAY to have my 3 meals! Japanese ppl are so luckyyyyyyy *insert Squealing* "

YET. on this trip, i met up with a friend who lives in Tokyo (we met when she was on an exchange programme in Bath univ from Rikkyo Uni) and SHE. CONFESSED. SHE. HAS. NEVER. BEEN. TO. TSUKIJI.

:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this was exactly my reaction when i heard that.

oh wells. i guess it's abit like all my non-Singaporean friends saying how amazing Marina Bay Sands is or how fun Universal Studios Singapore is ...yada yada yada...and im like. Nope. Never been there. Sorry.

oh my next trip to Japan, i really want to eat at Sushi Dai at Tsukiji though! it's one of the more popular eateries at the fish market and ive heard so much about it T.T

Oh and forget the whole radiation thing about seafood in Japan since the nuclear disaster. If your time is up, your time is up. You can avoid the seafood, and live to regret it foreveerrrr, cross the road one day and get hit by a car and STILL DIE ANYWAY. 
So, it's up to you really.

Other than sashimi, there's other things you have to try: 
Never mind if you can't read Japanese or the food looks absolutely out-of-this-world to you- You're in JAPAN = EVERYTHING IS YUMMY! :D






Some corn-fishcake-ish thing i ate. Delicious.
Their gigantic variety of fruits- Fuji apples, Peach, Grapes. Lovely.
A Grill stand selling unagi (eel), scallops, cuttlefish. You will not be disappointed.

Tsukiji i'll be back soon! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment